Sunday 3 June 2012

Character Design Workshop

For my final module of my second year I did a workshop along with Ben MorganHolly Liminton and Jo LB at a local secondary school. This first section of this workshop was based on Viviane Schwarz's Character Design Workshop.
These were made before as an example. Cutting out and arranging pieces of card to make a character then drawing and developing that character.

I then built a background to put my character onto to show the children what we would be doing as the next step. I chose my favourite character and developed it again with collage. I then made a background to stick him on top of.






This is the first time I have worked with children and it was definitely worthwhile, not only do I feel more confident but working in a group made me more critical of my work and working processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment